Writing inspiration – photo journaling
Writing a book – Writing inspiration – photo journaling
Need some writing inspiration? Try photo journaling
Photos are an incredibly powerful way to kickstart your memory. Photos are treasures, moments of your life captured, milestones, birthdays, happy, sad, people long gone, parties you enjoyed, trips, holidays, houses, beaches, there is so much to be captured from your photos and it is not just the picture, it is everything around the photo and as such a brilliant way to help you to piece together your life.
Pick a photo, any photo and ask yourself these questions:-
- What were you wearing?
- Who were you with?
- Where were you?
- How old were you?
- What happened that day
- What happened the day before / day after
- What sounds, smells, emotions does this bring up?
- What else does this memory conjure up?
- Describe the place where the photograph was taken.
- Describe the other people in the photograph and their relation to you.
- What happened right before this photograph was taken? After?
- What surprises you about this picture, now that you really look at it?
- Who is missing from this picture? Why?
- What can’t we see in the picture?
- If that person in the picture could talk, what would he or she be saying?
Your action plan – creating a photo journal as writing inspiration
- Collect photos or take some for this project
- Answer the questions above
- Write a few stories
- Download Blurb from www.blurb.com
- Make a book
Ready to start photo journalling?
You are just simple 30 steps away from becoming a published author
Enter your details and download this guide and your non-fiction book plan