Is your documentation letting you down? Need new manuals or procedures creating or a raft of other writing projects undertaken? These are often the last things that get done and often not to branding guidelines. You do have branding guidelines don’t you? This is the stuff that clients see, from which they form an immediate impression and you know, you what that to be better then average.
You probably have things that you would rather be doing, like running your business, and it would be so much easier if someone, me, could just take your business writing off your hands and return some very lovely documents, which I know you would be proud of.
My aim – Professionally produced documents, with attention to detail. Helping you to express what needs to be said in a clear and easy to read manner.
[text_bar_2 + width="100%"]Business writing projects undertaken[/text_bar_2]
- Business Books
- Sales proposals, bids, tenders and RFQ’s
- Sales and marketing collateral (your sales toolkit)
- Style guides / branding guidelines
- Brochure copy
- Web Content[/two_columns_1]
- Technical software specifications
- Testing procedures
- Training manuals (end user and technical)
- Web site planning
- Web content (experienced with Joomla and WordPress CMS systems)
- Whitepapers, articles
- Case studies
Pick up the phone. Let’s chat about your books, documentation and other business writing projects. Make life easy for yourself.
[features_box_grey width="75%" + border="2px"]
[text_bar_2 + width="100%"]What I need to know[/text_bar_2]
- How many pages – it will take roughly 3-4 hours per page for a new project (includes editing)
- Is this an update to existing documentation?
- How many pages are in the existing documentation?
- What percentage needs to be updated? – it will take roughly 1-2 hours per page If it is software – I need a copy and a short training overview (plus any documentation you already have)
- What is the total cost of your software development project? Documentation should be roughly 10%
- How much research is needed?
- How many people need interviewing?
- Following a full debrief you will get a business writing quotation.
How does it work?
I always like to know how things will work. So… You send me your ‘stuff’ and tell me about the problems with it and what you really want to achieve with the new ‘stuff’. Through a series of interviews and brainstorming sessions, I am able to prepare drafts for approval and work with you until you’re ready to publish. You should be able to supply reference material, which can be added to via further research to support your ideas. My focus is on producing quality content that reflects your voice and style.
PS: I have a background in software, have learnt many software packages and written many courses, procedures and technical manuals around them.
PPS: Having installed and trained on a number of CRM packages, I know it’s not just about the software, there’s the people aspect. Luckily for you, I am also a coach and trainer and I quite like resistant people (really).
PPPS: I love to research and learn new things, so it doesn’t matter if I am not currently a subject matter expert on your business, I soon will be.