At the centre of your brand is you and your heart. If your heart is not in what you are doing or things don’t seem to be flowing then clearly something is not quite right, and you will never write the right book.
Your brand is after all, your authentic, really, amazing, truly talented self. It is still the small child that went out to play without boundaries, who explored the woods and followed rainbows.
Rainbows aside, getting to the heart of your brand can be tough. Some of the best ways that I know are to use visualization and creativity techniques. These will work depending on the kind of person you are and how open you are to trying new ways to explore you. So remember to adapt anything to suit you and have some fun.
When you visualise your brand, think of it as the book of your life. Add into the mix, all of your incredible knowledge, skills and experiences. Smile as your recall what you know, connect to the true inner you and be clear that you do have something that needs sharing.
Have a pen and paper ready to write down what you ‘see’. Clearly read this through a few times to understand what to do – or record it so that you can guide yourself through the steps.
- Get into a comfortable place
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths
- Imagine a large heart in the sky
- Colour or decorate it in anyway you fancy
- Imagine coming from the heart centre are words that describe you, your brand and your book
- As they emerge from the centre they will want to either fly off of wrap themselves around your heart, let what ever needs to happen, happen
- When you feel that you are ready to stop, check in with your physical heart by placing a hand on it
- Breathe in your brilliance and connect your heart to your visualized heart and your brilliant words
- Draw your heart into you to and say thank you
- Sit quietly and process, when you are ready, write down what came up for you
- Only you will know how this exercise resonates with you and the meaning of the experience. It is important that you do not judge, merely accept and then leave and reflect. Once you have reflected do the following:-
- Draw a heart at the centre of a page and write about you and your brand in anyway that feels right.
- Reflect and ask what next?
The words, I hope will give you a sense of what book you will want to write. It may not make sense just yet. Trust the process, maybe sleep on your words. As you go about you life over the next week, notice what you notice. I am sure by this time next week, you will be brimming with ideas.
If you would like to share, you know where to find me.