Journaling and creative writing exercise – the thistle and the bug
Watch this short video. It only contains 3 images. One is of a thistle in glorious colour, then dead and then closed with a bug attached to it.
Try to imagine that you are the thistle:-
- What is your life like?
- How do you grow?
- Where do you thrive?
- Why are you structured the way that you are?
- What is the process from full bloom to dying?
- What do you think of the bug that has landed on you?
Now become the bug, you are flying around minding your own business, when you come across an inviting plant:-
- What happens next?
- How does it feel to be trapped and unable to escape?
- If you could escape, how would you?
Be careful where you choose to rest, you may not be able to escape your fate. Choose your focus wisely and create your own destiny.
Have fun and use your imagination. Close your eyes after watching the video and get really connected to the plant and then the bug. What do you you see, feel, smell, hear and sense. Which would you prefer to be and why?
You are just simple 30 steps away from becoming a published author
Enter your details and download this guide and your non-fiction book plan